Capitol Hill Inquirer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debate about a wide scope of political issues at the federal or state level, domestic and international US policy.Impact of those policies in our quality of live.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ENROLL AS A MEMBER TO ENJOY QUICK ACCESS TO HARD TO FIND INFO. BE THE MOST INFORMED! ENROLL TODAY, WE WANT TO HEAR YOUR VOICE!
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum

Poll
Do you think the 911 events were an inside job , with full involment of Bush cabinet over the attack to our own people?
I believe was an inside job, the evidence is out there.
Nurses will sue New York over mandated vaccinations I_vote_lcap81%Nurses will sue New York over mandated vaccinations I_vote_rcap
 81% [ 25 ]
I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but I understand some government agencies were trying to hide theirs errors.
Nurses will sue New York over mandated vaccinations I_vote_lcap3%Nurses will sue New York over mandated vaccinations I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Whoever believe in the Inside job theory is out of his mind.
Nurses will sue New York over mandated vaccinations I_vote_lcap13%Nurses will sue New York over mandated vaccinations I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 4 ]
I'm not informed enough to made an educated choice.
Nurses will sue New York over mandated vaccinations I_vote_lcap3%Nurses will sue New York over mandated vaccinations I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 31
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 147 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:33 am
Place your ad here

Nurses will sue New York over mandated vaccinations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Nurses will sue New York over mandated vaccinations Empty
PostSubject: Nurses will sue New York over mandated vaccinations   Nurses will sue New York over mandated vaccinations EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 1:41 am

By Joe Byrne
Tuesday, October 13th, 2009 -- 7:17 pm

Nurses will sue New York over mandated vaccinations VaccinationThe elderly, the young, and the frequently exposed are being advised to get vaccinated against H1N1 flu virus this year, due to predictions of a possible influenza epidemic. A new law in New York requires nurses and doctors to receive the vaccination by the end of November. A band of four nurses in Albany, however, is taking a stand against mandated vaccination.
“I have had more staff that have become ill after the flu vaccines this year than coworkers that have actually come down with the illness," Lorna Patterson, a nurse at Albany Medical Center's emergency room, told news network WTEN. Patterson is one of the nurses who is filing a lawsuit this week against the state. She and her coworkers hope that they can stop the state from enforcing the mandatory vaccinations.
Currently, New York is telling health care workers that if they aren't vaccinated by October 27th , they face a week's suspension without pay; any employee not vaccinated by the state deadline, November 30th, will be terminated.
"Receiving the vaccine doesn't mean you're not going to get the flu," Patterson adds. She claims that she has only received an influenza vaccination once in 28 years of nursing and for the most part prefers 'proper hygiene' over a vaccine.
A coworker, Katheryn Dupuis, feels similarly wary about the H1N1 vaccine. "We're going to lose our jobs if we do not get this vaccine," Dupuis says. "There are hundreds of coworkers of ours that feel just as strongly against the vaccine."
Story continues below...
GA_googleFillSlot("Blogads_300");

The resistance to mandated vaccination stems from the speedy discovery, research, and approval process that the H1N1 vaccine passed through after this past year's swine flu scare. The nurses filing suit claim that the vaccine was “rushed”. Many vaccines face a year of testing and research before they are available to the public, but the H1N1 vaccine was put into massive production more quickly than most. One of the only vaccines to be required for health care workers is also one of the least tested.
So far, the nurses count 466 signatures on their circulating petitions against the state mandate. A rally on Wednesday on the steps of the state capitol is expected to grab more signatures and the attentions of lawmakers. More information on the mandated vaccination law and the nurses' protest can be found here.
Back to top Go down
https://capitolhillbriefing.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1